Kids Orthodontist: A Transition From Baby to Adult Teeth
Children’s baby teeth start falling down in the order in which they started to grow. Some kids’ orthodontists consider that parents should be very careful when the baby starts getting permanent molars along with baby teeth. Most children start losing their first teeth by age six or seven and girls lose their teeth before the boys. When a child reaches age thirteen, he/she has probably lost all his/her teeth.
How to know if a child needs early orthodontic treatment?
There are multiple ways to determine whether a child needs only orthodontic treatment or not. If you notice blew mentioned symptoms or behaviors, may require treatment, such as;
- If your child’s teeth are damaged before the age of five.
- When your child’s teeth don’t meet at all
- Breathing from the mouth or snoring
- If the child’s teeth are crowded
- When the front’s teeth protrude.
- Difficulties in biting or chewing
- A faulty speech
- Difficulty in speaking
- When your child’s jaw shifts when he/she opens the mouth.
- If your child’s age is more than five and he/she still sucks a thumb or finger.
If you notice any one of the following symptoms, consult an orthodontist near me Miami immediately.
What To Do With A Loose Tooth?
According to pediatric orthodontics when a child starts losing a tooth, try to gently wiggle rather than pulling before it falls out on its own. If the tooth is removed before that time, it may be possible that he/she will experience a broken tooth that could be susceptible to infection.
A New Set of Not-So-Pearly Whites?
When a child’s teeth start emerging, the size of the new teeth will be bigger than the baby teeth to be replaced. Advanced erupted adult teeth also have clearly defined ridges and their color can be less white. This can be on a temporary basis and will be changed while teeth are used for chewing and biting. As soon as a child reaches the age of seven, he/she starts losing their baby teeth, and you are recommended the consultation of the best orthodontist for an initial consultation.
On the other hand, there are several orthodontic issues that can be fixed using in a less invasive manner, the treatment is provided when the condition is detected early.
During the initial consultation with the best children’s orthodontist near me, he/she will help determine whether there is sufficient space or not for the growth of a child’s adult teeth. Also, he/she can help to identify whether your kids’ teeth have erupted properly or not. If not, he/she may guide about the correction measures.
Promoting Good Oral Hygiene:
The best Miami orthodontist can help educate a child on how to maintain good oral hygiene. Once the kids’ teeth start falling, it will be great to prepare them so that they can maintain their oral health with the below-mentioned tips:
- Prepare a schedule of regular dental visits for the child and that should be at least twice annually.
- Consult the kids orthodontist near me about the required treatments’ benefits to prevent the kids from tooth decay. The treatments may include fluoride treatments and/or dental sealants.
- Ask the children to brush at least twice a daily. For better oral health, they should brush after each meal and at bedtime.
- Replace your kids’ toothbrushes every two or three months.
Consultation with a children’s orthodontist near me in early childhood will help detect various dental issues like crooked teeth, misaligned teeth, and the recommendations of suitable treatments.