Peanut Butter Nutrition Facts: How Much Protein is in Peanut Butter?

July 18, 2022

Peanut butter, or ground peanuts in a spreadable form, has been enjoyed by many people worldwide since its creation in the early 20th century. But how much protein does peanut butter contain? In the United States, peanut butter is legally defined as having no less than 90% peanuts by weight, with the remaining 10% being comprised of other ingredients such as salt and vegetable oil to aid in preservation and consistency. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, peanut butter is considered to be one of the more nutritious spreads available on store shelves today, mainly due to its protein content.

Nutritional Breakdown

Peanut butter is a relatively unprocessed food made from ground, dry-roasted peanuts. It’s a popular pantry staple in many households because it’s affordable and has a long shelf life. Peanut butter is also packed with nutrients like protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Here’s a closer look at the nutritional breakdown of peanut butter:
One serving of peanut butter (two tablespoons) contains 190 calories and 16 grams of fat. Of the 16 grams of fat in peanut butter, three are saturated fats and 12 are unsaturated fats. In addition to fat, peanut butter contains seven grams of carbohydrates and eight grams of protein.

Full Nutritional Information

Peanut butter is a popular food made from peanuts. The main ingredients in peanut butter are peanuts, vegetable oil, and salt. Peanut butter is a good source of protein. It also contains vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, niacin, and magnesium. Peanut butter is a high-fat food, but it is a good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Peanut butter has been shown to be beneficial for heart health and blood sugar control.

The Health Benefits of Peanut Butter

Peanut butter is a popular food, but many people are unaware of its nutritional value. Peanut butter is a good source of protein, with seven grams per serving. It also contains healthy fats, which can help to lower cholesterol levels. In addition, peanut butter is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Peanut butter can be a healthy part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation.

Is Peanut Butter Bad For You?

Peanut butter is a food paste or spread made from ground dry roasted peanuts. It often contains additional ingredients that modify the taste or texture, such as salt, sweeteners, or emulsifiers. Peanut butter is popular in many countries. Health benefits of peanut butter include providing good source of protein, antioxidants and vitamins. It also helps in weight management and reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and type-2 diabetes. Although peanut butter has several health benefits, it is important to note that it is high in calories and fat. Therefore, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a healthy diet.

A Quick Guide to Nut Butters

When it comes to nut butters, there are a few things you should know. First, all nut butters are a good source of protein. Second, they all have different amounts of protein. For example, almond butter has more protein than peanut butter. Finally, some nut butters are better for you than others. For instance, natural peanut butter is better for you than processed peanut butter because it doesn’t have any added sugar.

Nuts and Spreads – Which One Is Best For Me?

Deciding between nuts and spreads can be tough. Both have their pros and cons, but ultimately it comes down to what you’re looking for in a snack. If you’re looking for something with a lot of protein, then peanut butter is the way to go. Peanut butter has about 8 grams of protein per serving, while most spreads have less than half that amount. So if you’re looking to up your protein intake, peanut butter is a great option.


Hey there, My name is Marie. I love travel and photographs. I take photos to keep memories alive. Blogging is a important part of my life since I was in high school. Welcome to my Blog!