What Are The Best Foods To Eat With Invisalign?
The best thing about Invisalign clear aligners is that you can eat and drink whatever you wish! Unlike metal braces, metal braces need many food restrictions as the food may stick in the brackets. Invisalign is removable, so you can eat anything and place them again once you finish eating. Just make sure that you keep them in a safe place. Invisalign north Miami beach dentist will help you throughout the procedure.
Do you know why it is essential to remove the Invisalign before eating and drinking? You can drink water with it, but not food. It is necessary to remove the aligners because if you eat with aligners, it may cause bacteria to grow in your mouth, and food can also damage your Invisalign. In contrast, consuming beverages other than water can cause staining and discoloration to the aligner material and lead to white spots on your teeth’s enamel.
If you remove them, you can save Invisalign and your money too. You can eat and drink anything you love once you remove them. This is one of the many benefits of Invisalign clear aligners.
Tips For Invisalign
- Your sunny isles beach orthodontist must have suggested you wear Invisalign for atleast 20 to 22 hours. Clean the aligner tray in a mixture of water and mouthwash to keep it sanitized and leave it for soaking, and you can use it again.
- Remember to clean your teeth after eating food and wearing the aligners again. Ensure that you wear the Invisalign tray after cleaning them. It prevents bacteria from forming on the surface of your teeth and stops the infection from the building.
- It is suggested that you must replace your Invisalign tray every two weeks to get better and more efficient outcomes.
- When cleaning the tray, you should use a soft-bristled toothbrush, gentle antibacterial soap, and lukewarm water. Avoid hot water to clean it. Also, avoid using toothpaste as it can damage the tray.
Book an appointment with your dentist every four to six weeks. Regular check-ups to see the progress of the teeth’s movement are also necessary so that the dentist can give you extra trays to achieve good results from the treatment. You can ask about Invisalign’s costs in Miami from your dentist.
Foods to eat during Invisalign treatment.
You should consume foods and drinks that are soft and easy to chew. Eating hard foods can damage Invisalign and can cost you more to have a new tray. If stuck to the Invisalign, these foods can cause bacteria to grow and harm the trays. The remaining food in the mouth can cause cavities to occur.
You should consume food like:
- You should also eat dairy products such as Cheese and Yogurt. They contain calcium that is good for the teeth’ health.
- Eat high amounts of fruits and vegetables that are high in water and with a crunchy texture.
- Consume berries.
Teeth straightening has become easy with Invisalign, and your teeth’s appearance and function have become routine. But with the treatment, you should also care for the teeth and ensure that they are correctly positioned, so they can still maintain their health for a beautiful and healthy smile. Contact your Florida orthodontic specialists for more details.