What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge can refill the gap with one or more artificial teeth if you have a missing tooth, including the front teeth. A dental bridge can help restore your teeth’ natural look and function by filling the gap where the tooth is missing. It acts like a bridge between your teeth and fills the vacant space of the tooth.
A dental bridge helps restore your smile and chewing ability, protects your other teeth to stay in their position, and improves your speech and pronunciation.
Dental bridges can prevail for up to 10 years if you maintain good oral hygiene and a regular check-up.
Pontics (a false tooth) is made from various materials such as gold. Generally, they are made from porcelain to blend in with your natural teeth aesthetically.
Types of Dental bridge:
There are four types of dental bridges:
What is the cost of a dental bridge?
Many variables can affect the price, including:
- The Material, your dentist uses, such as zirconia, composite resin, or metal alloy covered in resin for the placement.
- The number of teeth you need to fill the gap.
- Other dental issues, like gum disease treatment.
The costs also count on the type of bridge that you choose:
- Traditional or cantilever bridges cost $2,000 – $5,000 for one pontic( false tooth) and a crown for each abutment tooth.
- Maryland bridges typically cost $1,500 – $2,500 for one pontic with the framework, or wings, attached to the abutment teeth.
- An implant-supported bridge costs $5,000 – $15,000 for a bridge with two dental implants spanning three or four teeth.
Want a dental bonding?
Do you have discolored teeth, chipped teeth, or cracked teeth no need to get tensed. Many cosmetic dentistry procedures like dental bonding or teeth bonding can give you the confidence to smile openly.
Tooth bonding is a process in which the dentist applies a tooth-colored composite resin to the required tooth to repair the damaged tooth. Dental bonding is an excellent option to correct your damaged teeth. Compared to the other cosmetic dental procedure, like crowns and veneers cost, dental bonding is less expensive. Check the dentist open near me if you notice any blunt edges on a bonded tooth or if your tooth feels abnormal when you have a bite.
Questions to ask your dentist
Before going with dental bonding or any other procedure, you will want to know the cost of the methods and about your insurance.
Some basic questions to ask your dentist:
- Will you need a mouth guard to cover your teeth?
- How many visits do you need to take?
- How long your veneer or crown will last?
- Can you opt for other procedures you are comfortable with, like dentures, dental implants, or root canals?
Dental It bridges the gap where the missing tooth is. Talk to a dental professional to find Bridges Near Me if it’s right for you. You can talk about all the queries you have. Your dentist will ask you to visit the dental clinic and will examine your condition.