Who Is More Prone To Get Varicose Veins?
May 5, 2022
What Type of Doctor Treats Varicose Veins, vascular surgeon and phlebologist is the one who treats varicose veins. Anyone can develop varicose veins, certain factors can increase the chances of developing varicose veins which include-
- Female hormones can allow the vein walls to stretch. Females who are pregnant, going through menopause, or taking birth control pills have a higher risk of developing varicose veins due to changes in hormones.
- Due to the process of aging, the valves, and vein walls don’t work as well as they once did. Veins lose elasticity and stiffen.
- Family history. If you have a family history with varicose veins then there are more chances for you to develop them.
- Overall health. The pressure in the veins is increased due to some health disorders, such ascertain malignancies or acute constipation.
- Circulation is reduced when you stand or sit for a long duration. Your blood flow can reduce by wearing restrictive clothing such as girdles or pants with tight waistbands.
- Tobacco use: People who smoke have a higher risk of developing varicose veins.
- Weight: Carrying too much weight puts strain on blood arteries.
Where do varicose and spider veins generally appear?
Varicose veins generally develop on the lower half of our body. Usually, on our ankles, calves, and feet. Sometimes, they can also form in our pelvic area. Especially in people who have had children. Varicose veins in testicles can lead to infertility. Visit the nearest vein specialist for treatment of varicose veins. If you don’t know What are the Treatment Options for Varicose Veins, then no need to worry, your vein specialist will suggest the best treatment method for you.
What are the major complications or side effects of varicose vein treatment?
There’s always a possibility of recurrence of varicose veins. How long after the treatment they’ll reform depends on what kind of treatment you are taking. People who get surgical stripping experience recurrence of varicose veins after 5 years of surgery. Just like any other surgical procedure, varicose vein treatment also has some side effects such as-
- Skin burns
- Injury to a nerve
- Deep vein thrombosis
Side effects of sclerotherapy procedure-
- Brown patches on the skin where needle touch
- Bruising or redness of the skin where the needle went through.
- Hardness or lumps for a few months
What are the main causes of varicose veins?
Varicose veins appear when the vein walls weaken. When the walls of your veins weaken. As your vein’s blood pressure rises, the weaker walls allow your vein to expand. The valves that keep blood flowing in one direction in your vein can’t perform as well as they should as your vein stretches. Blood that is too slow to flow backs up or pools in your vein, causing it to enlarge, bulge, and twist. The valves and vein walls can become weak for many reasons. Including
- Access weight
- The aging process
- Changes in hormones
- Restrictive clothing
- Family history.
We hope the above-given information helps you in understanding more about varicose veins. In this article, we discussed the causes of varicose veins, who are more prone to varicose veins, and more. To know more regarding varicose veins visit veintreatmentnyc.com